Back Springfield Hotel,

Springfield Hotel,

Logo Springfield Hotel,

Since 1974, when the Hannigan family opened the Springfield Hotel their reputation for good food, cheerful and professional service has become a household name in Leixlip, Dublin and surrounding areas. Shortly afterwards a much more substantial hotel was created with the additional bedrooms, facilitating a full bar licence and ballroom.

The original hotel was purchased from the Foxe family in spring 1973 and consisted of a tearoom and lodgings or guesthouse on almost three acres. It was based on an 18th century country residence of Nathaniel warren, MP and Mayor of Dublin (1737-1796). In the 1930s dances were held there in the old 18th century ballroom. The old coach house had for generations been a landmark, telling travellers from the west that Dublin is only a few miles down the road.
 
Springfield owed its success to its appeal to residents scattered over a wide catchment area and to the passing trade of those who would break their journey between Dublin and Galway and the northwest. It was an ideal location for the business and farming community en route to the city. It was equally attractive to the sportsman indulging in fishing in the nearby Liffey or the golfers on any number of courses nearby.
 
By Easter 2000, a new 48 Bedroom hotel was opened on the same site, incorporating most of the old premises, but not the 18th century ballroom, which was demolished on the grounds of safety and fire hazard. The new lounge and part of the Anna Liffey ballroom are built on this site. An underground car park for hundreds of cars was also incorporated in this new build.

Visit Book now Location Map »