Back Tullamore Dew Visitor Centre,

Tullamore Dew Visitor Centre,

Logo Tullamore Dew Visitor Centre,

The origins of Tullamore Dew’s legendary Irish whiskey can be traced back to 1829 when the Tullamore Distillery was founded in Tullamore, County Offaly by Michael Molloy.

Daniel E Williams was the major influence on the development of the distillery. His initials, D-E-W, inspired the whiskey to be named ‘Tullamore Dew’ with the original slogan "Give every man his Dew" still in use today.
 
In 1887, following the death of Mr Molloy, the distillery passed into the hands of the Daly family with Captain Bernard Daly in charge of the business. A keen sportsman, Captain Daly left the routine running of the distillery to one of his colleagues, Daniel E Williams, who eventually became general manager of the Tullamore distillery.
 
Daniel E Williams was the major influence on the expansion and development of the distillery and his family became joint shareholders in the distillery with Captain Daly.
 
Tullamore Dew is a favourite among Irish whiskeys for its distinctive, accessible taste, enjoyed on its own, over ice or with a little water.
 
Connoisseurs describe Tullamore Dew as... "Subtle, smooth and with a pleasant maltiness combined with charred wood undertones and the natural flavour of golden barley."

Visit Location Map »